Jump to navigation Jump to search
blacklist (plural blacklists)
- (law) A list or set of people or entities to be shunned or banned.
- The software included a lengthy blacklist of disreputable websites to block.
list or set of people or entities to be shunned or banned
- (transitive) To place on a blacklist; to mark a person or entity as one to be shunned or banned.
- 2013 August 10, “A new prescription”, in The Economist, volume 408, number 8848:
- As the world's drug habit shows, governments are failing in their quest to monitor every London window-box and Andean hillside for banned plants. But even that Sisyphean task looks easy next to the fight against synthetic drugs. No sooner has a drug been blacklisted than chemists adjust their recipe and start churning out a subtly different one.
- You can blacklist known spammers with that button.
to place on a blacklist