- To refuse to allow
- The prisoners were disallowed to contact with a lawyer.
- To reject as invalid, untrue, or improper
- The goal was disallowed because the player was offside.
2012 June 19, Phil McNulty, “England 1-0 Ukraine”, in BBC Sport:
- England will regard it as a measure of justice for Frank Lampard's disallowed goal against Germany in Bloemfontein at the 2010 World Cup - but it was also an illustration of how they rode their luck for long periods in front of a predictably partisan home crowd.
- See also Wikisaurus:prohibit
to refuse to allow — see forbid
to reject as invalid, untrue, or improper