Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To rule over; to govern or determine by superior authority.
- (transitive) To rule or determine in a contrary way; to decide against; to abrogate or alter.
- His passion and animosity overruled his conscience.
- (transitive) To nullify a previous ruling by a higher power.
- The line judge signalled the ball was in, but this was overruled by the umpire.
- (transitive, law) To dismiss or throw out (a protest or objection) at a court.
to dismiss or throw out a protest at a court