Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɒtə(r)
blotter (plural blotters)
- a piece of blotting paper in a pad as a piece of desk furniture
- a daily register of arrests and other events in a police station
- a register of the related events made in the form of the list of times and brief descriptions
- All transactions were entered in the cash blotter and agent's subsidiary ledger.
- He maintains the political blotter blog.
- 2003, Karen Hood-Caddy, The Wisdom of Water
- "The blotter was so full of his scribbling, it was getting harder and harder to find places to write in."
piece of blotting paper — see blotting paper
police station register
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked