Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (slang) Broken; not properly functioning.
- Your telly is buggered, best get it fixed.
- It's well and truly buggered now; you may as well throw it out.
- (slang) In trouble; in a bad situation.
- The police caught you on CCTV, now you're really buggered.
- (UK, Australia, New Zealand, slang) Tired, worn-out, exhausted.
- You'll have to take over from here, mate, I'm completely buggered.
1998 January 9, Martin Taylor, “737 Cabin Altitude”, aus.aviation, Usenet:
- I am not sure why, but I'm more buggered after I get to the US than I am when I return home. I think it has a lot to do with it being easier to align my sleeping patterns with flying in to Oz during the night (arriving early morning), than it is flying into the US and landing at 10 pm at night.
- (broken): fucked, kaput, stuffed
- (in trouble): fucked, in for it
- (tired): all in, done in, exhausted
- simple past tense and past participle of