Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: kaputt
kaput (not comparable)
- (informal) Out of order; not working.
- Synonyms: broken; see also Thesaurus:out of order
- My car went kaput.
- His career is kaput.
- Her marriage went kaput.
- 1998, Saving Private Ryan:
- German propaganda loudspeaker: […] The Statue of Liberty is KAPUT.
Captain Miller: "The Statue of Liberty is kaput" – huh, that's disconcerting.
- 2014 October 11, Simon Hattenstone, “Russell Brand: ‘I want to address the alienation and despair’”, in The Guardian:
- In the book, his conclusion is simple: capitalism is kaput, celebrity charity won’t plug holes, revolution is the only solution. Yet it also feels like a bit of a cop-out: he insists all this can be achieved through love, peace and understanding.
out of order — See also translations at out of order
kaput (neuter kaput, plural and definite singular attributive kaput)
kàpūt m (Cyrillic spelling ка̀пӯт)
Declension of kaput
- to sew