audio (US) (file)
cardiac (not comparable)
- (anatomy) Pertaining to the heart.
- the cardiac arteries
- (anatomy) Pertaining to the cardia.
- (medicine, archaic) Exciting action in the heart, through the medium of the stomach; cordial; stimulant.
cardiac (plural cardiacs)
- A person with heart disease.
- (dated) Heart disease.
- (medicine) A medicine that excites action in the stomach.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for cardiac in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)