Jump to navigation Jump to search
chasm (plural chasms)
- (geology, planetology) A deep, steep-sided rift, gap or fissure; a gorge or abyss.
- (by extension) A large difference of opinion.
- 2022 February 10, Phil McNulty, “Manchester City 6-0 Chelsea”, in BBC Sport:
- Chelsea may not have regarded themselves as title rivals to City over the whole season but this was a harrowing illustration of the current chasm between the two sides and made for disturbing viewing for the Italian.
- chasma (obsolete)
- chasma (“long, narrow, steep-sided depression on a body in the solar system”)
difference of opinion