Jump to navigation Jump to search
- chump (dated)
- (UK) IPA(key): /tʃɒmp/
- (US) enPR: chŏmp, IPA(key): /t͡ʃɔmp/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: chomp
- Rhymes: -ɒmp
chomp (plural chomps)
- The act of chomping (see below)
- (computing, rare) A unit of computing storage equal to sixteen bits, which can represent any of 65536 distinct values.
- Synonym: hextet
- An IPv6 address is represented as eight hexadecimal chomps.
- (intransitive) To bite or chew loudly or heavily.
- The dog chomped on the treat and swallowed it in one gulp.
- (computing, transitive, Perl) To remove the final character from (a text string) if it is a newline (or, less commonly, some other programmer-specified character).
- Coordinate term: chop
to bite or munch loudly or heavily