Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
chump (plural chumps)
- (colloquial, pejorative) An incompetent person, a blockhead; a loser.
- That chump wouldn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
- A gullible person; a sucker; someone easily taken advantage of; someone lacking common sense.
- It shouldn't be hard to put one over on that chump.
- The thick end, especially of a piece of wood or of a joint of meat.
- Shaped as if they had been unskilfully cut off the chump-end of something.
- (an unintelligent person): blockhead, idiot, dope, dolt, dunce, dummy
- (a gullible person): gull, sucker, dupe, sap, dummy; pushover, patsy, stooge; mark, pigeon, sucker; fool, dummy
- See also Wikisaurus:dupe
an unintelligent person
a gullible person