Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Cur cleaysh da'n choyrle! ― Listen to reason!
- Hug eh cleaysh vouyr dou. ― He turned a deaf ear to me.
- Hug mee cleaysh gheyre da. ― I listened attentively.
- Hug mee cleaysh vouyr da'n irriney. ― I closed my ear to the truth.
- Ren ee jiargaghey gys bun ny cleayshyn eck. ― She blushed up to the ears.
- Ta cleaysh ree-gheyre echey. ― He has an exquisite ear.
- Ta cleaysh vie echey da'n chiaulleeaght. ― He has an ear for music.
- Ta cleayshyn birragh echey. ― He has pointed ears.
- fainey chleayshey (“earring”)
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.