Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: coed
Short for the original phrase co-educational referring to an educational institution that taught males and females together.
- Of an educational institution, that teaches both males and females.
- Of any location, that mixes males and females.
that teaches both males and females
that mixes males and females
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- (US, dated, informal) A young woman who attends college.
- (US, dated, informal) A (generally young) woman, especially on the campus of a college or other educational institute.
- 1959, The Michigan Technic, "The Coed":
- 1959: A coed is exotic with mascara on her eye lashes, demureness in a sweater, and 'the future homemaker' with a can opener.
dated: young woman who attends college