Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The act, process or ability of concentrating; the process of becoming concentrated, or the state of being concentrated.
- A field or course of study on which one focuses, especially as a student in a college or university.
- The proportion of a substance in a whole.
2013 July-August, Philip J. Bushnell, “Solvents, Ethanol, Car Crashes & Tolerance”, in American Scientist:
- Surprisingly, this analysis revealed that acute exposure to solvent vapors at concentrations below those associated with long-term effects appears to increase the risk of a fatal automobile accident. Furthermore, this increase in risk is comparable to the risk of death from leukemia after long-term exposure to benzene, another solvent, which has the well-known property of causing this type of cancer.
- (chemistry) The amount of solute in a solution measured in suitable units (e.g., parts per million (ppm))
- The matching game pelmanism.
proportion of substance in a mixture
The amount of solute present in a solution
The act or process of concentrating
The act or process of reducing the volume of a liquid
The act or process of removing the dress of ore and of reducing the valuable part to smaller compass
course of study
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Concentration (disambiguation) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Concentration (chemistry) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
concentration f (plural concentrations)
- concentration (mental state of being concentrated)
- concentration (quality of being concentrated)
la concentration de sucre
- the concentration of sugar