Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌkɒnsənˈtɹeɪʃən/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌkɑnsənˈtɹeɪʃən/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The act, process or ability of concentrating; the process of becoming concentrated, or the state of being concentrated.
- A field or course of study on which one focuses, especially as a student in a college or university.
- The proportion of a substance in a whole.
- 1972, Orleans, Leo A., Every Fifth Child: The Population of China, Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, →ISBN, LCCN 70-190527, OCLC 1060533181, OL 5710549M, page 117:
- The Koreans
Almost all the Koreans in China live in the north-eastern provinces. The greatest concentration is found in an area of approximately 1,200 square miles in Kirin Province, an area which is part of the Yen-pien Korean Autonomous Chou.
- 2013 July-August, Philip J. Bushnell, “Solvents, Ethanol, Car Crashes & Tolerance”, in American Scientist:
- Surprisingly, this analysis revealed that acute exposure to solvent vapors at concentrations below those associated with long-term effects appears to increase the risk of a fatal automobile accident. Furthermore, this increase in risk is comparable to the risk of death from leukemia after long-term exposure to benzene, another solvent, which has the well-known property of causing this type of cancer.
- The matching game pelmanism.
act or process of concentrating
act or process of reducing the volume of a liquid
act or process of removing the dress of ore
course of study on which one focuses
proportion of substance in a mixture
chemistry: amount of solute present in a solution
matching game pelmanism — see pelmanism
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- Concentration (disambiguation) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Concentration (chemistry) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
concentration f (plural concentrations)
- concentration (mental state of being concentrated)
- concentration (quality of being concentrated)
- la concentration de sucre
- the concentration of sugar
- “concentration”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
concentration (plural concentrationes)
- concentration (state or degree of being concentrated)