Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Courier
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkʊɹ.ɪə/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkʊɹ.i.ɚ/, /ˈkɝ.i.ɚ/
- Rhymes: -ʊɹiə(ɹ)
- Homophone: currier (accents without the foot-strut split or with the hurry-furry merger)
courier (plural couriers)
- A person who delivers messages.
- Synonym: messenger
- A company that delivers messages.
- A company that transports goods.
- (Internet) A user who earns access to a topsite by uploading warez.
- 1999, Adrian Dunn, “Re: Using a scanned picture in your demo”, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.demos (Usenet):
- You can always find musicians. There are more trackers than coders, pixelers, organizers, couriers, and designers combined.
- 2005, Paul Craig, Ron Honick, Mark Burnett, Software Piracy Exposed, page 2:
- These sites have enormous hard drives and bandwidth for couriers to distribute the software from one site to the next.
- A person who looks after and guides tourists.
person who looks after and guides tourists
person who delivers messages
company that delivers messages
company that transports goods
- To deliver by courier.
- We'll have the contract couriered to you.
courier m or f by sense (plural couriers)