Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Discouraging, inspiring fear.
- Overwhelming, intimidatingly impressive.
- 1915, Edgar Jepson, chapter 9, in Happy Pollyooly: The Rich Little Poor Girl:
- She reached it soon after half-past two. She found its gloomy nineteenth-century façade, black with the smuts of ninety years, a little daunting, and mounted its broad steps in some trepidation. But she rang the bell hard and knocked firmly.
- Appearing to be difficult.
discouraging, inspiring fear
overwhelming, intimidatingly impressive
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.