See also: Dipper
dipper (plural dippers)
- Any of various small passerine birds of the genus Cinclus that live near fast-flowing streams and feed along the bottom.
- A cup-shaped vessel with a long handle, for dipping out liquids.
- (India) the control in a vehicle that switches between high-beam and low-beam, especially when used to signal other vehicles.
- (slang) A pickpocket.
- Any snack food intended to be dipped in sauce.
- chicken dippers
- (historical) A person employed in a tin plate works to coat steel plates in molten tin by dipping them.
- (pickpocket): see Thesaurus:pickpocket
- birds of the genus Cinclus
- white-throated dipper or European dipper, Cinclus cinclus
- brown dipper, Cinclus pallasii
- American dipper, Cinclus mexicanus
- white-capped dipper, Cinclus leucocephalus
- rufous-throated dipper, Cinclus schulzii
- cup-shaped vessel with a handle