Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Respectful of privacy or secrecy; exercising caution in order to avoid causing embarrassment; quiet; diplomatic.
- With a discreet gesture, she reminded him to mind his manners.
- John just doesn't understand that laughing at Mary all day is not very discreet.
- Not drawing attention, anger or challenge; inconspicuous.
- Although cognate and identical in the Middle English period, the term has become distinct from discrete.
respectful of privacy or secrecy; quiet; diplomatic
not drawing attention, anger or challenge; inconspicuous
|Inflection of discreet|