See also: élective
- Rhymes: -ɛktɪv
- Of, or pertaining to voting or elections
- That involves a choice between options; optional or discretionary
- My insurance wouldn't pay for the operation because it was elective surgery.
- The independent use of their elective franchise.
- Kings of Rome were at first elective […]
of or pertaining to voting or elections
optional or discretionary
elective (plural electives)
- Something that is option or that may be elected, like a course of tertiary study or a medical procedure.