Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: élective
- Rhymes: -ɛktɪv
- Of, or pertaining to voting or elections; involving a choice between options.
- the independent use of their elective franchise
- Kings of Rome were at first elective […]
- Optional or discretionary; chosen, not mandatory.
- My insurance wouldn't pay for the operation because it was elective surgery.
of or pertaining to voting or elections
optional or discretionary
elective (plural electives)
- Something that is an option or that may be elected, like a course of tertiary study or a medical procedure.