Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: fanàtic
- fanatick (obsolete)
- (obsolete) Showing evidence of possession by a god or demon; frenzied, overzealous.
showing evidence of possession by a god or demon
fanatic (plural fanatics)
- A person who is zealously enthusiastic for some cause, especially in religion.
- 2010, BioWare, Mass Effect 2 (Science Fiction), Redwood City: Electronic Arts, OCLC 865290061, PC, scene: Cerberus: The Illusive Man Codex entry:
- The reclusive tycoon calling himself the Illusive Man is a human nationalist focused on advancing human interests, whatever the cost to non-humans. The Citadel Council regards him as a fanatic posing a serious threat to galactic security.
one who is zealously enthusiastic
- A zealot can't change his mind. A fanatic can't change his mind and won't change the subject. —Winston Churchill (attributed)
- A fanatic is one who redoubles his effort when he has forgotten his aim. —George Santayana
Audio (Béarn) (file)
Declension of fanatic