Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) to die; to become destroyed
- 1918, Siegfried Sassoon, How to Die
- You'd think, to hear some people talk,
- That lads go West with sobs and curses,
- And sullen faces white as chalk,
- Hankering for wreaths and tombs and hearses.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.