Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- Without a heart; specifically, without feeling, emotion, or concern for others; uncaring.
- His heartless actions and cold manner left her saddened and feeling alone.
- 2012 April 29, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “Treehouse of Horror III” (season 4, episode 5; originally aired 10/29/1992)”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- Mr. Burns is similarly perfectly cast as a heartless capitalist willing to do anything for a quick buck, even if it means endangering the lives of those around him and Marge elegantly rounds out the main cast as a good, pure-hearted and overly indulgent woman who sees the big, good heart (literally and metaphorically) of a monstrous man-brute.
- (dated) Lacking courage or enthusiasm.