Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Showing a lack of forethought or sense.
- Having no sensible meaning or purpose.
- An act of mindless violence.
2012 August 5, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “I Love Lisa” (season 4, episode 15; originally aired 02/11/1993)”:
- “I Love Lisa” opens with one of my favorite underappreciated running jokes from The Simpsons: the passive-aggressive, quietly contentious relationship of radio jocks Bill and Marty, whose mindless happy talk regularly gives way to charged exchanges that betray the simmering resentment and disappointment perpetually lingering just under the surface of their relationship.
- (of a thing done) Overly repetitive and unchallenging.
- Lacking a mind.
- Atheism alleges that mindless scientific forces control the universe.
showing a lack of forethought or sense
having no sensible meaning or purpose
(of a thing done) overly repetitive and unchallenging
lacking a mind
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.