Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (intransitive) to become quiet
- (transitive) to make quiet
- (transitive) To appease; to allay; to soothe.
- Wilt thou, then, Hush my cares?
- And hush'd my deepest grief of all.
to become quiet
to make quiet
- A silence, especially after some noise
- It is the hush of night.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Byron to this entry?)
- A mining method using water
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.