See also: înjection
- The act of injecting, or something that is injected.
- A specimen prepared by injection.
- (category theory) A morphism from either one of the two components of a coproduct to that coproduct.
- (construction) The act of inserting materials like concrete grout or gravel by using high pressure pumps.
- (figuratively) The supply of additional funding to a person or a business.
- The troubled business received a much-needed cash injection.
- (mathematics) A relation on sets (X,Y) that associates each element of Y with at most one element of X.
- (programming) The insertion of program code into an application, URL, hardware, etc.; especially when malicious or when the target is not designed for such insertion.
- a SQL injection exploit allowing a malicious user to modify a database query
- (space science) The act of putting a spacecraft into a particular orbit, especially for changing a stable orbit into a transfer orbit, e.g. trans-lunar injection
- (set theory) A function that maps distinct x in the domain to distinct y in the codomain; formally, a f: X → Y such that f(a) = f(b) implies a = b for any a, b in the domain.
- (specifically, medicine) Something injected subcutaneously, intravenously, or intramuscularly by use of a syringe and a needle.
- (steam engines) The act of throwing cold water into a condenser to produce a vacuum.
- (steam engines) The cold water thrown into a condenser to produce a vacuum.
(computing) Insertion of program code into an application, URL, etc.
act of injecting, or something injected
medicine: something injected
set theory: one-to-one mapping
injection f (plural injections)