Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: congestión
From Middle French
- The hindrance or blockage of the passage of something, for example a fluid, mixture, traffic, people, etc. (due to an excess of this or due to a partial or complete obstruction), resulting in overfilling or overcrowding.
- An accumulation or buildup, the act of gathering into a heap or mass.
- An excess of traffic; usually not a complete standstill of traffic, so usually not synonymous with traffic jam.
- (medicine) Blocking up of the capillary and other blood vessels, etc., in any locality or organ (often producing other morbid symptoms); local hypermic, active or passive
- arterial congestion
- venous congestion
- congestion of the lungs
- (medicine) An excess of mucus or fluid in the respiratory system; congestion of the lungs, or nasal congestion.
excess of traffic
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.