Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
jab (plural jabs)
- A quick stab or blow.
- (boxing) A short straight punch.
2011 December 18, Ben Dirs, “Carl Froch outclassed by dazzling Andre Ward”, in BBC Sport:
- American Ward was too quick and too slick for his British rival, landing at will with razor sharp jabs and hooks and even bullying Froch at times.
- (Britain) A medical injection.
- Our dog was exposed to rabies, so the whole family went to a clinic to get our jabs.
- (US, figuratively) A verbal annoyance.
(boxing) a short straight punch
- To poke or thrust abruptly, or to make such a motion.
- To deliver a quick punch.
- (slang, Britain) To give someone an injection
to poke or thrust abruptly
to deliver a quick punch
jab m (genitive singular jab, nominative plural jabanna)
Declension of jab
- jabaire m (“(cattle-)jobber”)
jab m (invariable)
- jab (boxing punch)
jab m (plural jabs)
- (boxing) jab