Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪn.ˈspaɪɹd/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪn.ˈspaɪəd/
- Rhymes: -aɪə(ɹ)d
Audio (US) (file)
- Having excellence through inspiration.
- The actor's inspired performance of Hamlet's soliloquy left the audience dumbfounded.
2011 October 23, Tom Fordyce, “2011 Rugby World Cup final: New Zealand 8-7 France”, in BBC Sport:
- New Zealand were crowned world champions for the first time in 24 years after squeezing past an inspired France team by a single point.
- Filled with inspiration or motivated.
- The artist was inspired to paint a true masterpiece.
- He was inspired to learn to fly.
- simple past tense and past participle of .