Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: irréversible
irreversible (not comparable)
- Incapable of being reversed or turned about or back; incapable of being made to run backward.
- an irreversible engine
- Incapable of being reversed, recalled, repealed, or annulled.
- an irreversible sentence or decree
- 2014 April 21, “Subtle effects”, in The Economist, volume 411, number 8884:
- Manganism has been known about since the 19th century, when miners exposed to ores containing manganese […] began to totter, slur their speech and behave like someone inebriated. The poisoning was irreversible, and soon ended in psychosis and death.
- (thermodynamics) Incapable of being reversed to the original state without consumption of free energy and increase of entropy.
incapable of being reversed
incapable of being reversed, recalled, repealed, or annulled
- (Balearic) IPA(key): /i.rə.vəɾˈsi.blə/
- (Central) IPA(key): /i.rə.bərˈsi.blə/
- (Valencian) IPA(key): /i.re.veɾˈsi.ble/
irreversible (masculine and feminine plural irreversibles)
irreversible (plural irreversibles)