Jump to navigation Jump to search
to dispose of waste
- (countable) A site at which refuse is buried under layers of earth.
- (uncountable) The material so disposed of.
- 2013 May 25, “No hiding place”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8837, page 74:
- If the bumf arrived electronically, the take-up rate was 0.1%. And for online adverts the “conversion” into sales was a minuscule 0.01%. That means about $165 billion was spent not on drumming up business, but on annoying people, creating landfill and cluttering spam filters.
site at which refuse is buried
material so disposed of
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.