Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To end hostilities; to reach a peace agreement.
- Both countries can rebuild now that they have made peace with each other.
- (idiomatic) To settle a dispute or disagreement.
- The committee made peace and agreed to go with the new plan.
- (idiomatic) To initiate or resume a cordial relationship after a period of animosity.
- He's finally made peace with his estranged father.
- (idiomatic) To accept something, especially if it is considered unfavourable.
- I've finally made peace with the fact that having diabetes means no more sugar.