Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Manse
manse (plural manses)
- A house inhabited by the minister of a parish.
- (archaic) A family dwelling, an owner-occupied house.
- A large house, a mansion.
- circa 1890: George Otto Trevelyan, Life and Letters of Lord Macaulay
- All favourable hereditary influences, both intellectual and moral, are assured by a genealogy which derives from a Scotch Manse.
house inhabited by the minister of a parish
- “manse”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
manse f pl