Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To regulate, adjust or adapt
- (transitive) To change the pitch, intensity or tone of one's voice or of a musical instrument
- (transitive, electronics) to vary the amplitude, frequency or phase of a carrier wave in proportion to the amplitude etc of a source wave (such as speech or music)
- (intransitive, music) to move from one key or tonality to another, especially by using a chord progression
to change the pitch (transitive)
to vary the amplitude etc.
to move from one key to another (intransitive)
- modulate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- modulate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911