Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
monochrome (plural monochromes)
- A black and white image, especially such a photograph.
- (dated) A painting executed in shades of a single colour.
- A ceramic glaze of a single colour; an object so glazed.
black and white image
painting executed in shades of a single colour
monochrome (not comparable)
- having only one colour
- (photography) representing colours with shades of gray
having only one colour
of a photograph, representing colours with shades of gray
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
monochrome m, f (plural monochromes)
- “monochrome” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- inflected form of