Jump to navigation Jump to search
- knib (obsolete)
nib (plural nibs)
- The tip of a pen or tool that touches the surface, transferring ink to paper.
- The bill or beak of a bird; the neb.
- Bits of trapped dust or other foreign material that form imperfections in painted or varnished surfaces.
- A piece of a roasted, hulled cocoa bean.
- A small and pointed thing or part; a point; a prong.
- One of the handles projecting from a scythe snath.
- The shaft of a wagon.
- (handle projecting from a scythe snath): thole
tip of a pen
bill of a bird
- (transitive) To fit (a pen) with a nib.
- 1820, James Henry Lewis, The best method of pen-making:
- In nibbing the pen, place the inside of the point flat upon the nail of your left-hand thumb (holding the quill between the first and second finger of that hand), and let the whole length of the split be extended thereon, to steady the pen as much as possible […]