Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpɑːs(ə)n/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpɑɹsən/
- Rhymes: -ɑː(ɹ)sən
- Hyphenation: par‧son
parson (plural parsons)
- An Anglican cleric having full legal control of a parish under ecclesiastical law; a rector.
- A Protestant minister.
- (now chiefly historical) A Roman Catholic priest of an independent parish church.
cleric having full control of a parish
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- Alternative form of (in the sense "parson")