Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: passionfruit
- A plant, passiflora, that produces an edible fruit.
- The edible fruit of the passionflower, Passiflora edulis; a round fruit with a purple or yellow skin which is native to Brazil.
- He brought four passion fruits from the market.
- Passion fruits are added for visual interest.
- (uncountable) The flesh of the edible fruit.
- A slice of passion fruit was added to the dessert for visual interest.
- (colloquial) A person whom one cherishes very much, especially a woman.
- 2009, Marnelle Tokio, Room 207:
- “Ah my little passion fruit,” José cooed, “I knew it. You are feeling the love too!”
flesh of the fruit
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.