Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
pinpoint (plural pinpoints)
- The point of a pin.
- Extremely precise or specific, especially regarding location.
- The machine assembles parts at high speed and with pinpoint accuracy.
2011 January 5, Saj Chowdhury, “Newcastle 0 - 0 West Ham”, in BBC:
- The 28-year-old not only hassled the visitors' midfield but also delivered pinpoint balls with alarming accuracy as far as the east Londoners were concerned.
- To identify or locate precisely or with great accuracy.
- They investigators tried to pinpoint the source of the flames.