Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
propreantepenultimate (not comparable)
- (rare) Of, on, pertaining to, or that is the last syllable but four / fifth syllable from last (of a word or other utterance).
- The word minimalism is stressed on its propreantepenultimate syllable.
- 1825, Samuel Oliver, A General, Critical Grammar of the Inglish Language, pages
- ⁽¹⁾ In its minute divisions, accent is ultimate, penultimate, antepenultimate, preantepenultimate, propreantepenultimate.
- ⁽²⁾ The propreantepenultimate accent is the accent on the last syllable but four.