Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Classical) IPA(key): /kʷiˈeːs.koː/, [kᶣɪˈeːs.koː]
- (Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /kwiˈes.ko/, [kwiˈes.ko], [ˈkwi̯es.ko]
- I rest, sleep, repose.
- I cause to cease, stop, render quiet.
- (especially of inanimate objects) I am still or quiet, lie still.
- I remain neutral, abstain from action, keep quiet, stand by.
- (in speech) I make a pause.
- (figuratively) I suffer or allow quietly; permit.
- (figuratively) I cease, leave off or desist from something.