Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To give new direction to, change the direction of.
- redirect output to /dev/null
- (transitive) To instruct to go, inquire, elsewhere.
- (computing, transitive) To substitute an address or pointer to a new location.
- (computing) To send to a new location by substituting an address or pointer.
- You will be redirected shortly.
to give new direction to
instruct to go elsewhere
substitute an address or pointer to a new location
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
redirect (plural redirects)
- A redirection.
- (law) An examination of a witness, following cross-examination, by the party that conducted the direct examination.
- (computing) The substitution of one address or identifier for another one, so as to navigate to a different location.
- (legal): redirect examination
redirection — see redirection
substitution of an address for another one