Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act of relaxing or the state of being relaxed; the opposite of stress or tension; the aim of recreation and leisure activities.
- A diminution of tone, tension, or firmness; specifically in pathology: a looseness; a diminution of the natural and healthy tone of parts.
- relaxation of the soft palate
- Remission or abatement of rigor.
- Remission of attention or application.
- relaxation of efforts
- Unbending; recreation; a state or occupation intended to give mental or bodily relief after effort.
- (physics) The transition of a nucleus, atom or molecule from a higher energy level to a lower one; the opposite of excitation
- (music) The release following musical tension.
act of relaxing or the state of being relaxed
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- relaxation in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.