Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
rivulet (plural rivulets)
- A small brook or stream; a streamlet.
- A rivulet of tears ran down his face.
- Charles Cotton (1630-1687)
- Rills running down the steepest slopes develop into rivulets.
- 1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 23, The Mirror and the Lamp:
- The struggle with ways and means had recommenced, more difficult now a hundredfold than it had been before, because of their increasing needs. Their income disappeared as a little rivulet that is swallowed by the thirsty ground.