Jump to navigation Jump to search
rollercoaster (plural rollercoasters)
- An amusement ride consisting of a buggy on a track that rises, falls, twists and turns.
- (figuratively, by extension) Any situation in which there are violent changes.
- Our relationship was quite a rollercoaster. Finally, I had enough of it and left her.
- The stock market has been quite the rollercoaster in the last few weeks.
- big dipper
- (situation in which there are violent changes in status): merry-go-round, ride, saga, seesaw, soap opera, stir, yo-yo