Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
coaster (plural coasters)
- Agent noun of coast: one who coasts.
- Something that coasts, such as a sled or toboggan.
- (nautical) A merchant vessel that stays in coastal waters.
- A person who originates from or inhabits a coastal area.
- A small piece of material used to protect the surface of a table, upon which one places cups or mugs.
- A small tray on wheels, used to pass something around a table.
- (computing, slang) A worthless compact disc or DVD, such as one that was burned incorrectly.
- (informal) A rollercoaster.
- (small piece of material for protecting the surface of a table, upon which one places the cup): saucer
one who coasts
something that coasts, such as a sled or toboggan
nautical: merchant vessel that stays in coastal waters
piece of material used to protect the surface of a table
roller coaster — see roller coaster