- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /sɛˈnɑːɹi.əʊ/
- (US) IPA(key): /sɪˈnɛəɹioʊ/
- (Australia) IPA(key): /səˈneːɹi.əʉ/
Audio (US) (file)
scenario (plural scenarios)
- An outline of the plot of a dramatic or literary work.
- A screenplay itself, or an outline or a treatment of it.
- An outline or model of an expected or supposed sequence of events.
2012 August 23, Alasdair Lamont, “Hearts 0-1 Liverpool”, in BBC Sport:
- Hearts were keen to avoid a repeat of the scenario at this stage of last season's competition, when they found themselves two goals down inside the opening quarter of an hour.
outline of the plot of a dramatic or literary work
screenplay or an outline or treatment thereof
outline or model of an expected or supposed sequence of events
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- scenarii (hypercorrect plural)
scenario m (plural scenari)