Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (intransitive) To shine with a veiled, tremulous, or intermittent light; to gleam faintly.
to shine with a veiled light; to gleam faintly; to glisten; to glimmer
shimmer (plural shimmers)
- A faint or veiled and tremulous gleam or shining.
- Synonym: glimmer
- (signal processing) A measure of the irregularities in the loudness of a particular pitch over time.
- Coordinate term: jitter
- 2010, Daniel R. Boone, The Voice and Voice Therapy, Pearson College Division (→ISBN)
- As such, perturbation measures can only be derived from vowels, most accurately, sustained vowels or steady-state portions of vowels extracted from connected speech. Two commonly obtained perturbation measures are jitter and shimmer.
faint or veiled and tremulous gleam or shining; a glimmer