Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A bright, sparkling light; brilliant and showy luster; brilliancy; as, the glitter of arms; the glitter of royal equipage.
- A shiny, decorative adornment, sometimes sprinkled on glue to make simple artwork.
bright, sparkling light; brilliant and showy luster; brilliancy
shiny, decoractive adornment
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- To sparkle with light; to shine with a brilliant and broken light or showy luster; to gleam.
- a glittering sword
- the glittering ornaments on a Christmas tree
- The field yet glitters with the pomp of war.
- To be showy, specious, or striking, and hence attractive.
- the glittering scenes of a court
to sparkle with light
to be showy, specious, or striking, and hence attractive
glitter m (uncountable)
- glitter (shiny, decorative adornment)
glitter n (uncountable)
- glitter; a shiny, decorative adornment
Declension of glitter