Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
shrug (plural shrugs)
- A lifting of the shoulders to signal indifference.
- He dismissed my comment with a shrug.
- A cropped, cardigan-like garment with short or long sleeves, typically knitted.
- (transitive, intransitive) To raise (the shoulders) to express uncertainty, lack of concern, (formerly) dread, etc.
- I asked him for an answer and he just shrugged.
- When he saw the problem, he just shrugged and started fixing it.
- He shrugs his shoulders when you talk of securities.
to raise the shoulders to express uncertainty, lack of concern, etc.