Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|< 5||6||7 >|
| Cardinal : six
Ordinal : sixth
Multiplier : sextuple
- (UK) IPA(key): /sɪksθ/, (nonstandard) /sɪkθ/
- (US) IPA(key): /sɪksθ/, /sɪks/, /sɪkst/
- Rhymes: -ɪksθ
sixth (not comparable)
- The ordinal form of the number six.
ordinal form of the number six
sixth (plural sixths)
- (not used in the plural) The person or thing in the sixth position.
- One of six equal parts of a whole.
- (music) The interval between one note and another, five notes higher in the scale, for example C to A, a major sixth, or C to A flat, a minor sixth. (Note that the interval covers six notes counting inclusively, for example C-D-E-F-G-A.)
- (one of six equal parts): ⅙
person or thing in sixth place
one of six equal parts of a whole