|← 5||6||7 →|
| Cardinal: six
- IPA(key): /sɪksθ/, [sɪksθ], [sɪkst̪] (before a consonant often reduced to [sɪks])
- Rhymes: -ɪksθ
- Homophone: six (frequent reduced form before a consonant)
sixth (not comparable)
- The ordinal form of the number six.
ordinal form of the number six
sixth (plural sixths)
- (not used in the plural) The person or thing in the sixth position.
- One of six equal parts of a whole.
- (music) The interval between one note and another, five notes higher in the scale, for example C to A, a major sixth, or C to A flat, a minor sixth. (Note that the interval covers six notes counting inclusively, for example C-D-E-F-G-A.)
- (one of six equal parts): ⅙
person or thing in sixth place
one of six equal parts of a whole