Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -əʊli
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsləʊli/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈsloʊli/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: slow‧ly
- (manner) At a slow pace.
- 1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 5, in The Mirror and the Lamp:
- Then everybody once more knelt, and soon the blessing was pronounced. The choir and the clergy trooped out slowly, […], down the nave to the western door. […] At a seemingly immense distance the surpliced group stopped to say the last prayer.
- with leaden wings (idiomatic, obsolete)
At a slow pace